Moment of truth...

  • if you saw your problems in a pile with everyone elses you would probably grab yours back.
  • all that really matters is that you loved
  • growing old beats the alternative--dying young
  • your kids get only one childhood.
  • forgive
  • frame every so called disaster with these words "in 5 years will this matter?"
  • no one is in charge of your happiness except you.
  • get rid of anything that isnt beautiful, useful or brings you joy.
  • Dont compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
  • its ok to let your kids see you cry.
  • Make peace with your past so it doesn't screw up the present.
  • Your job won't take care of you when you are sick; but your family will, keep in touch!
  • Just keep taking that next small step.
  • Life isn't fair, but it's still good!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm pretty sure I have the cutest little girl in the world!!! (I may be a bit biased though)




Well, today I finally got Kennedi's pictures taken...yeah, the last time was when she was 6 months old. Yikes. Talk about last child syndrom. Isn't it funny how that works...with Jaysen and Brock we have tons and tons of pictures...every milestone, every excuse we got pictures done, with Carter we had them done a few times, here and there, with poor Kennedi she has so few...I mean we have plenty of snapshots, but as far as professional pictures go, one 6 months, one at 22 months.
Anyhow, we had a great time doing them, the ones above I stole from the photographers website, but its ok because ill buy the entire CD...and I wanted to get a couple on here. She is such a HAM. She had a blast being the center of attention and I enjoyed playing dress up with her. By the end we were all pretty much exhausted and ready to call it quits.
On a different note, I am doing a project called "operation christmas child." For those of you who dont know, it is where you fill a shoe box of toys or misc little gifts and they get sent to a child who will otherwise have no christmas. I honestly think that I am more excited to send this to a random child than I am having christmas with my kids. We were going to only do one box, but have decided that each of my kiddos will make a box to send. I think it is a wonderful way to instill the idea of christmas as GIVING not I WANT I WANT I WANT. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when we as a family do something like this and would love to do more...if anyone knows of any organizations or things that you can suggest that are similar let me know. And if you are interested at all in participating in OPERATION XMAS CHILD please let me know and I will get you the info you need!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love Kennedi's pictures! I have been thinking really hard about something charitable to do for Christmas as well. Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should do Operation Christmas Child...its easy and fun and I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete

Some of my simple pleasures....

  • My garden
  • flowers-not cut flowers, real live ones, especially in my yard where they are growing and beautiful
  • making lists...honestly i do enjoy making lists, even grocery lists or things I need to get done...I know its dumb!
  • Backyardigans
  • smelly-good candles really do make me happy
  • photography. I love it, all of it!
  • cooking-yeah not really the usual breakfast, lunch, dinner routine, but I do enjoy cooking in general!
  • Good Book
  • writing, it doesn't much matter what, even just a journal or a few lines of thoughts here or there, i just enjoy watching ink and paper turning into thoughts.
  • a nice hot cup of coffee
  • a pretty sunset on fall evenings
  • bottle calves...(i know dumb, but they make me smile!)

Places I DREAM of going...

  • cuba
  • Russia
  • A Deserted island with Casey
  • Back to Germany
  • Austrailia
  • Ireland