Moment of truth...

  • if you saw your problems in a pile with everyone elses you would probably grab yours back.
  • all that really matters is that you loved
  • growing old beats the alternative--dying young
  • your kids get only one childhood.
  • forgive
  • frame every so called disaster with these words "in 5 years will this matter?"
  • no one is in charge of your happiness except you.
  • get rid of anything that isnt beautiful, useful or brings you joy.
  • Dont compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
  • its ok to let your kids see you cry.
  • Make peace with your past so it doesn't screw up the present.
  • Your job won't take care of you when you are sick; but your family will, keep in touch!
  • Just keep taking that next small step.
  • Life isn't fair, but it's still good!

Friday, November 6, 2009

I think I hate hunting season.

I wonder if at some point I will stop being so bitter and actually be happy for Casey that he has something that he loves so much. I have yet to understand the "thrill" of hunting. I don't get it, I just cant comprehend getting THAT excited and THAT stimulated just to go freeze your behind off and HOPE that you may see something you want to shoot. UGH

plus Hunting means that he is gone. He is not with us, and I hate him being away. He works all of the time...12-15 hour days most of the time, and a lot of times doesnt have a day off. So the days he has off I hold kind of sacred in a sence, I am kind of greedy and want him to myself and the kids. I don't want to share him with his friends so they can go hunting or bowling or anyting else.

Beyond the whole not understanding it thing, is the fact that I am totally jealous of it. I just realized that today. I'm definately NOT jealous of the whole "hunting" thing, i am jealous of the fact that he has a hobby that he really truely LOVES as where I enjoy reading and I enjoy photography and I enjoy scrapbooking, I cant say that i have anything in my life (as far as hobbies go) that really makes me genuinly happy and excited.

I am also jealous that he gets to leave the house and go spend time with guys friends and get rid of stress and relax. Man I cant even remember what that is like! or the last time I did something like that.

I guess maybe I just really need to find a hobby that I love, but I don't even know where to start, or how.

Maybe the whole stay at home thing has totally ruined my social skills. I don't even know how to go about being social and finding new hobbies....that would include doing something new, which- heaven forbid-means being around NEW people also...YIKES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of my simple pleasures....

  • My garden
  • flowers-not cut flowers, real live ones, especially in my yard where they are growing and beautiful
  • making lists...honestly i do enjoy making lists, even grocery lists or things I need to get done...I know its dumb!
  • Backyardigans
  • smelly-good candles really do make me happy
  • photography. I love it, all of it!
  • cooking-yeah not really the usual breakfast, lunch, dinner routine, but I do enjoy cooking in general!
  • Good Book
  • writing, it doesn't much matter what, even just a journal or a few lines of thoughts here or there, i just enjoy watching ink and paper turning into thoughts.
  • a nice hot cup of coffee
  • a pretty sunset on fall evenings
  • bottle calves...(i know dumb, but they make me smile!)

Places I DREAM of going...

  • cuba
  • Russia
  • A Deserted island with Casey
  • Back to Germany
  • Austrailia
  • Ireland