Moment of truth...

  • if you saw your problems in a pile with everyone elses you would probably grab yours back.
  • all that really matters is that you loved
  • growing old beats the alternative--dying young
  • your kids get only one childhood.
  • forgive
  • frame every so called disaster with these words "in 5 years will this matter?"
  • no one is in charge of your happiness except you.
  • get rid of anything that isnt beautiful, useful or brings you joy.
  • Dont compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
  • its ok to let your kids see you cry.
  • Make peace with your past so it doesn't screw up the present.
  • Your job won't take care of you when you are sick; but your family will, keep in touch!
  • Just keep taking that next small step.
  • Life isn't fair, but it's still good!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

You are not a Triceratops

This is Carters Dinosaur face. ha ha ha


My friend started my day off by telling me "Chelle, you just have to find the little things that make your day different than every other"

I blew off the statement thinking, my life is so repititious, everyday is the same. I wake up at 6am, start coffee, wake Jaysen to get up for school, 7am he gets on the bus and I make breakfast for Carter and Kennedi, from that point on its housework, pets, work, more housework, and when I am lucky a few hours in the evening with Casey.

But then I thought about it. My kids are young, they do funny, cute, exciting, annoying things every single day, all of the time. Why is it that I have compleatly failed to give that any thought before. My life is far from boring like I always assume it is, I have the best entertainment anyone could ask for, and it is free!

Today Carter didn't want to go to school. He wanted to stay home with me. After having a short arguement with him about how he had to go to school today, he calmly and seriously informed me that Triceratops did NOT go to school. WHAT?!? Talk about random and totally out of the blue.
"Carter what are you talking about?"
"Mom, Triceratops don't go to school"
"you are probably right, I don't think they probabley went to school"
"no mom, They don't. And I dont' want to either"
"you aren't a triceratops and you have to go to school today"
the conversation ended there. Nothing more was said about not going to school or whether or not Triceratops went to school. However when we arrived at his classroom, he told his teacher that he was at school today, and that he was a T-rex today because they are the only dinosaurs that can go to school. He, just as serious as before, told her that Triceratops didn't go to school and that he only could be Triceratops when he was at home, but could be T-rex while he was in class.

Oh the minds of three year old boys. That was my happy memory for today, I am so thankful for my kids and even when they are quirky and goofy and a little bit odd, they are always what make my world turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of my simple pleasures....

  • My garden
  • flowers-not cut flowers, real live ones, especially in my yard where they are growing and beautiful
  • making lists...honestly i do enjoy making lists, even grocery lists or things I need to get done...I know its dumb!
  • Backyardigans
  • smelly-good candles really do make me happy
  • photography. I love it, all of it!
  • cooking-yeah not really the usual breakfast, lunch, dinner routine, but I do enjoy cooking in general!
  • Good Book
  • writing, it doesn't much matter what, even just a journal or a few lines of thoughts here or there, i just enjoy watching ink and paper turning into thoughts.
  • a nice hot cup of coffee
  • a pretty sunset on fall evenings
  • bottle calves...(i know dumb, but they make me smile!)

Places I DREAM of going...

  • cuba
  • Russia
  • A Deserted island with Casey
  • Back to Germany
  • Austrailia
  • Ireland