Moment of truth...

  • if you saw your problems in a pile with everyone elses you would probably grab yours back.
  • all that really matters is that you loved
  • growing old beats the alternative--dying young
  • your kids get only one childhood.
  • forgive
  • frame every so called disaster with these words "in 5 years will this matter?"
  • no one is in charge of your happiness except you.
  • get rid of anything that isnt beautiful, useful or brings you joy.
  • Dont compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
  • its ok to let your kids see you cry.
  • Make peace with your past so it doesn't screw up the present.
  • Your job won't take care of you when you are sick; but your family will, keep in touch!
  • Just keep taking that next small step.
  • Life isn't fair, but it's still good!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy 2010

Nathan, playing the Wii around midnight...him and Casey challenged eachother on Wii Resort most of the nightBrock and Kennedi enjoying the last few hours of 2009 with eachother
All of the kiddos playing, dancing, and being crazy to "who let the dogs out" what is it about that song that kids like so much?


Jaysen and Josh watching and waiting for their turn on the Wii




everyone again, enjoying eachother and the last of the year!





Well, even though its the most generic blog post ever, you still gotta do it! HAPPY NEW YEAR! Its crazy that it is already 2010! another year gone, another year older, another year wiser. Another year to look forward to, another to make memories in and another to try to improve yourself!

Typically people go out, bring in the new year with Friends or random people at the bar, drink entirely too much alcohol, try to drive home and hope not to get caught. People give those Officers a reason to work on new years...

Well, we chose a different (probably much smarter) way to spend our last day of the year. We had our neices and nephews out to our house, stayed home and had a party with the kiddos. It was SO fun! We had frozen pizza, junk food, soda and misc snacks. Stayed up all night playing board games, Wii, computer games, listening to music, and laughing hystarically at the kids. The kids had a blast and we all made some great memories(along with getting some great photos!)
We had such a good year, We moved into our house in the country, its been great living out here, had our first "real" garden, my first custom kitchen, made just for me, Casey is close to his job which saves us lots of gas money, Brock won 1st place at State Wrestling, the kids have all been overall healthy, I started a new job that I really enjoy, made and Re-united with great friends. yeah, there have been the ups and of course the downs, but overall its been a good year!

TOP TEN NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS:

~10...I hope this year to spend more quality time together as a Family...so my goal...Family night once a week, games, projects, mini-vacations, anything as long as it is all of us together once a week.
~9...I want to spend more time alone with Casey, so I am shooting for a mommy and daddy DATE night at least twice a month. Even if we just stay home I think it is important to have a few nights a month with just adults, NO KIDS!
~8...Seriously!!! SAVE MONEY! my goal for the year is to pay off all the Dr bills, debts and IOU's and really truely start being smart with our money.
~7...I need to spend the time to organize my house, my kitchen, bedrooms, everything! Also included in this I am hoping to finish the flooring in the bedrooms and all of the basement. our plan is to use our Tax Returns to finish the basement so that all the kids have their own rooms and our house is really truely big enough for our family of 6!
~6...I am trying really hard to be positive and not be so grumpy all of the time, my goal for the year is to improve my temper and overall mood!
~5...I want to find an activity for each of the kids, Jaysen wants to continue lessons and learn to play his Guitar, so my goal for him is to continually and regularly go to guitar lessons, and for the other kids, to find something they are passionate about and keep them doing it!
~4...Kennedi is offically cut off of the bottle. My goal is to not fall into her demands for giving it too her and keep her off of the bottle and on her big girl cups.
~3...I am going to try to make it to Bible study and church at least a couple times a month, I haven' t been going at all and think that if I start with a couple times a month this year it would help my overall outlook on life.
~2...I try really hard to keep healthy snacks in the house for the kids and us, I want to work harder on always having snacks and meals ready and planned that are healthy and cover they food groups that the kids need to be healthey!
~1...my number one goal for the year is the same as probably 90% of everyone elses...to lose weight and get healthier, exercise daily, eat healthier and lose this weight I keep blaming on having Carter and Kennedi so close together...Kennedi is now 2, no need for babyfat anymore!!!
Happy New Year everyone, I hope you all have a great year filled with love, happiness and great memories...now that I have shared with you my resolutions, i would love to hear all about yours...post me a message telling me your goals for the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of my simple pleasures....

  • My garden
  • flowers-not cut flowers, real live ones, especially in my yard where they are growing and beautiful
  • making lists...honestly i do enjoy making lists, even grocery lists or things I need to get done...I know its dumb!
  • Backyardigans
  • smelly-good candles really do make me happy
  • photography. I love it, all of it!
  • cooking-yeah not really the usual breakfast, lunch, dinner routine, but I do enjoy cooking in general!
  • Good Book
  • writing, it doesn't much matter what, even just a journal or a few lines of thoughts here or there, i just enjoy watching ink and paper turning into thoughts.
  • a nice hot cup of coffee
  • a pretty sunset on fall evenings
  • bottle calves...(i know dumb, but they make me smile!)

Places I DREAM of going...

  • cuba
  • Russia
  • A Deserted island with Casey
  • Back to Germany
  • Austrailia
  • Ireland