Moment of truth...

  • if you saw your problems in a pile with everyone elses you would probably grab yours back.
  • all that really matters is that you loved
  • growing old beats the alternative--dying young
  • your kids get only one childhood.
  • forgive
  • frame every so called disaster with these words "in 5 years will this matter?"
  • no one is in charge of your happiness except you.
  • get rid of anything that isnt beautiful, useful or brings you joy.
  • Dont compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
  • its ok to let your kids see you cry.
  • Make peace with your past so it doesn't screw up the present.
  • Your job won't take care of you when you are sick; but your family will, keep in touch!
  • Just keep taking that next small step.
  • Life isn't fair, but it's still good!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Its my party...












Kennedi turned 2 on Dec 30th. Talk about getting to much all at the same time...SPOILED LITTLE GIRL! Dec 25 we did Christmas(obviously) and she got a ton of toys/cloths/junk/etc, on Dec 27th we did xmas gift exchange with my brothers family, again, more stuff for her, and then we waited until Jan 1 to celebrate her birthday; yep you guessed it, lots more STUFF!!!

Unfortunately our basement is still totally unfinished(soon to change...hopefully) and she is still sharing a room with Casey and I. The reason I say unfortunately is because i have NO WHERE to go with all of her toys! As of right now she has one huge pink tote that everything of hers gets thrown in and stuffed under the boys bunk beds, well, it is totally overflowing and doesn't really fit under the bed... :( Hopefully within the next month we will be able to start finishing the basement and we will have enough room for her things along with everyone elses!!

The party we had was small and simple, Grandparents, cousins and brothers...but she had a great time, she enjoyed dumping the bagged giftes and ripping (more) wrapping paper. and everything she got was true blue Kennedi. Her family knows her well and she didn't get a gift she didn't love (except maybe the cloths that we got her, she didn't get to excited about them!)
The party we extreme last minute so I feel a little bad about the cake, talk about simply and embarrassing! usually I make these awesome great cakes for everyone, and poor kennedi got a simple white heart with pink letters, looking at the pictures though, she didn't seem to notice as she shoved it into her mouth!
Overall her birthday was great and she is healthy which is what I am most thankful for...It has been almost a year without any health problems...Im hoping that it continues and next year I can say "its been almost 2 Years" I am glad that she had such a great time, but I have to say I am thankful that its all over and we have a few months to recouperate now before any big events in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of my simple pleasures....

  • My garden
  • flowers-not cut flowers, real live ones, especially in my yard where they are growing and beautiful
  • making lists...honestly i do enjoy making lists, even grocery lists or things I need to get done...I know its dumb!
  • Backyardigans
  • smelly-good candles really do make me happy
  • photography. I love it, all of it!
  • cooking-yeah not really the usual breakfast, lunch, dinner routine, but I do enjoy cooking in general!
  • Good Book
  • writing, it doesn't much matter what, even just a journal or a few lines of thoughts here or there, i just enjoy watching ink and paper turning into thoughts.
  • a nice hot cup of coffee
  • a pretty sunset on fall evenings
  • bottle calves...(i know dumb, but they make me smile!)

Places I DREAM of going...

  • cuba
  • Russia
  • A Deserted island with Casey
  • Back to Germany
  • Austrailia
  • Ireland