Moment of truth...

  • if you saw your problems in a pile with everyone elses you would probably grab yours back.
  • all that really matters is that you loved
  • growing old beats the alternative--dying young
  • your kids get only one childhood.
  • forgive
  • frame every so called disaster with these words "in 5 years will this matter?"
  • no one is in charge of your happiness except you.
  • get rid of anything that isnt beautiful, useful or brings you joy.
  • Dont compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
  • its ok to let your kids see you cry.
  • Make peace with your past so it doesn't screw up the present.
  • Your job won't take care of you when you are sick; but your family will, keep in touch!
  • Just keep taking that next small step.
  • Life isn't fair, but it's still good!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Ah...Monday

No. 1 priority - So our dryer has been going out. I mean, I has slowly been dying, one day it works, the next it has no heat, the next it just wont start...whatever. It DIED. Now it runs but with no heat, and will randomly turn on and not turn off. Ever. It is officially retired and out of comission. We spent the weekend at Casey's parents...doing laundry. Normal families do not have to spend an entire weekend doing laundry, but after 6 people go through a full week without being able to wash any, it takes a while to get cought up...you do the math. No. 1 priority...Save for Washer and Dryer. Don't get me wrong, i don't mind spending the weekend at the Blevins household, but lugging all of the laundry over, making room for 4 totes of laundry, 4 children, 2 adults and the Dogs in one tahoe, makes the trip less than enjoyable.

No.2 Priority - Our fridge keeps blowing the breaker. It happened about a month ago the first time. Continued to blow every 30-45 minutes all day. Casey took it all apart and cleaned inside, worked fine. (its only a few months old...so really there was no way it was that dirty...but aparently it needed vaccumed.) guess what, woke up yesterday to the distinct sound of the breaker clicking off. UGH. Fought and fought all day, it wouldn't even stay on 5 stinkin minutes. turned off the Ice maker...stupid thing has been on since without any problem. Priority #2...call the GE Appliance center and tell them to fix my stupid Refrigerator.

No.3 Priority - TAHOE! It needs new Tires, and the engine light comes on, all of the time. With Wrestling starting, I really do want to have my tahoe in tip top condition considering all the traveling I have to do during wrestling.

all in all everything always happens at once. ALWAYS

we had planned on using our Tax Returns for some fun house stuff (ie...finishing basement, buying the kids new beds for their OWN rooms, starting landscaping on the yard...) guess this year it will go towards repairing and replacing all of our crap! (not fun)

on a Positive note...GO SAINTS!!! We are going to the superbowl! WOO HOO! I think we will have a superbowl party, My team is the saints and my Nephew LOVES the colts. This should be fun, and I love entertaining friends...so anyone interested, bring a snack, and come join the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of my simple pleasures....

  • My garden
  • flowers-not cut flowers, real live ones, especially in my yard where they are growing and beautiful
  • making lists...honestly i do enjoy making lists, even grocery lists or things I need to get done...I know its dumb!
  • Backyardigans
  • smelly-good candles really do make me happy
  • photography. I love it, all of it!
  • cooking-yeah not really the usual breakfast, lunch, dinner routine, but I do enjoy cooking in general!
  • Good Book
  • writing, it doesn't much matter what, even just a journal or a few lines of thoughts here or there, i just enjoy watching ink and paper turning into thoughts.
  • a nice hot cup of coffee
  • a pretty sunset on fall evenings
  • bottle calves...(i know dumb, but they make me smile!)

Places I DREAM of going...

  • cuba
  • Russia
  • A Deserted island with Casey
  • Back to Germany
  • Austrailia
  • Ireland