Moment of truth...

  • if you saw your problems in a pile with everyone elses you would probably grab yours back.
  • all that really matters is that you loved
  • growing old beats the alternative--dying young
  • your kids get only one childhood.
  • forgive
  • frame every so called disaster with these words "in 5 years will this matter?"
  • no one is in charge of your happiness except you.
  • get rid of anything that isnt beautiful, useful or brings you joy.
  • Dont compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
  • its ok to let your kids see you cry.
  • Make peace with your past so it doesn't screw up the present.
  • Your job won't take care of you when you are sick; but your family will, keep in touch!
  • Just keep taking that next small step.
  • Life isn't fair, but it's still good!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

What is the "Bah Humbug" of Valentines day?



Whatever a Valentines day "bah humbug' is really called, its me. I think Valentines day is the most ridiculous holiday ever. I mean, sure getting chocolate or flowers is sweet, but wouldn't it be SO much better if your significant other just wanted to suprise you an some random day rather than over pay and race around to make sure you got your yearly valentines day gift? GAG.
It seems to me like such a "high school" holiday. Something for little silly teenagers to prove who has the most considerate boyfriend. Its a status show, who gets the biggest prettiest flower arrangement from their "love." And the poor guys who either cant afford a dozen roses in high school, or who agree with me and think its a big joke and don't get anything. They get the short end of the stick because their lady will probably either leave them and steal away her best friends man who got 2 dozen roses for his "love." or she is going to be pouting and mad at him for the rest of the week. Arent girls silly?

Casey has always got me a pretty boquet of flowers for valentines day. From the first year until now, and he is always good at suprising me with them. They are usually Pink roses, considering pink is my favorite color. This year I think I have convinced him that I don't need flowers, or chocolates or a silly stuffed bear. All I need if for him to come home after work every day, and do all the things that he does ever day that make me know that he is happy to come home to us, that he appreciates me daily, not just on valentines day. Needless to say, to me, today is nothing more than another sunday - which means tomorrow is the dreaded monday. Where do the weekends go...and why do they go so stinkin fast?!

To all you Valentines day advocates....Happy Valentines Day! To the rest of you , Have a good sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of my simple pleasures....

  • My garden
  • flowers-not cut flowers, real live ones, especially in my yard where they are growing and beautiful
  • making lists...honestly i do enjoy making lists, even grocery lists or things I need to get done...I know its dumb!
  • Backyardigans
  • smelly-good candles really do make me happy
  • photography. I love it, all of it!
  • cooking-yeah not really the usual breakfast, lunch, dinner routine, but I do enjoy cooking in general!
  • Good Book
  • writing, it doesn't much matter what, even just a journal or a few lines of thoughts here or there, i just enjoy watching ink and paper turning into thoughts.
  • a nice hot cup of coffee
  • a pretty sunset on fall evenings
  • bottle calves...(i know dumb, but they make me smile!)

Places I DREAM of going...

  • cuba
  • Russia
  • A Deserted island with Casey
  • Back to Germany
  • Austrailia
  • Ireland