Moment of truth...

  • if you saw your problems in a pile with everyone elses you would probably grab yours back.
  • all that really matters is that you loved
  • growing old beats the alternative--dying young
  • your kids get only one childhood.
  • forgive
  • frame every so called disaster with these words "in 5 years will this matter?"
  • no one is in charge of your happiness except you.
  • get rid of anything that isnt beautiful, useful or brings you joy.
  • Dont compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
  • its ok to let your kids see you cry.
  • Make peace with your past so it doesn't screw up the present.
  • Your job won't take care of you when you are sick; but your family will, keep in touch!
  • Just keep taking that next small step.
  • Life isn't fair, but it's still good!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

isn't it strange...

We have officially been without a dryer at our house for one month. Its the middle of winter, so hanging the cloths out on the line is out of the question, and I really don't have a place in my house to hang dry them either. For the last month, we have been collecting our weeks worth of laundry in totes and hauling them to Casey's parents to wash them all on the weekend. Convenient? Absolutely not.

Casey's parents have been very kind and patient letting us invade their home for the weekend, usually by the time our laundry piles up for a week, there are a good 3-4 huge totes full. (yeah, 6 people go through a lot of laundry in a week) It takes a good day and a half to finish it all and then we get to lug it all back home. The worst part is yet to come. Yep, putting everything away. YIKES!

Next weekend we are planning on going to purchase our new washer and dryer. Large capacity, front loader, energy star, short time washes. I am so stinkin excited.

Isn't it funny how we all complain and whine when we have to do laundry every day. Its such a pain, and so repetitive. However, take that away for a month, and a new washer and dryer is the most exciting purchase ever! I can not wait to do laundry at home again! I remember thinking the same thing when Casey got me a new vacuume for christmas one year. I was SO excited to get it home and vacuum my house!

My mom always used to say "its the simple things in life..." I guess this would be one of those things. Something as simple as doing laundry or vacuuming after you haven't been able to for a while seems so much more appealing then it does when you have to do it every day.

I wish there was some way to keep that excitement alive after doing laundry everyday, I wish in a month or two I was still going to be happy to come home and be able to start laundry, im sure by then though, it will once again be just a dreaded chore again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of my simple pleasures....

  • My garden
  • flowers-not cut flowers, real live ones, especially in my yard where they are growing and beautiful
  • making lists...honestly i do enjoy making lists, even grocery lists or things I need to get done...I know its dumb!
  • Backyardigans
  • smelly-good candles really do make me happy
  • photography. I love it, all of it!
  • cooking-yeah not really the usual breakfast, lunch, dinner routine, but I do enjoy cooking in general!
  • Good Book
  • writing, it doesn't much matter what, even just a journal or a few lines of thoughts here or there, i just enjoy watching ink and paper turning into thoughts.
  • a nice hot cup of coffee
  • a pretty sunset on fall evenings
  • bottle calves...(i know dumb, but they make me smile!)

Places I DREAM of going...

  • cuba
  • Russia
  • A Deserted island with Casey
  • Back to Germany
  • Austrailia
  • Ireland