Moment of truth...

  • if you saw your problems in a pile with everyone elses you would probably grab yours back.
  • all that really matters is that you loved
  • growing old beats the alternative--dying young
  • your kids get only one childhood.
  • forgive
  • frame every so called disaster with these words "in 5 years will this matter?"
  • no one is in charge of your happiness except you.
  • get rid of anything that isnt beautiful, useful or brings you joy.
  • Dont compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
  • its ok to let your kids see you cry.
  • Make peace with your past so it doesn't screw up the present.
  • Your job won't take care of you when you are sick; but your family will, keep in touch!
  • Just keep taking that next small step.
  • Life isn't fair, but it's still good!

Friday, April 16, 2010

A new chapter...or maybe an old one.

Well, after moving to Huntley, I quit doing daycare, because I didnt' think people would drive out here for me to watch their kids.



after a few months I got the opportunity to go to work at the Telegram. I loved it. I love the job, and the co workers.



I hate leaving my house every day and taking my children to someone elses house to be babysat.



I also hate trying to find reliable daycare.



So I made the decision to quit working and come back home to stay with my kids. I also made the decision to start watching kids again.



And I couldn't be happier about my choice. I can not wait to wake up in the morning again and know that the most I have to do it pull my hair up, brush my teeth and put some sweats on.



I don't have to rush to get 4 kids ready, myself ready and get out the door my 715 so everyone can go where they need to and I can get to work on time.



I also can not wait to tell my kids that mommy is staying home today and that they don't have to go anywhere else!



I have a couple kids ready to start daycare whenever I am done at work, and with just 2 kids, I will honestly make more than I do at work every week.



So I don't know if I should say I am starting a new chapter or re opening the chapter I closed a while ago, kind of like a good book, when a chapter is good you just keep opening it to read it again...I guess this is my life chapter I need to live again!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Someday when we are old and gray we'll be happy we did...right?!

    ReplyDelete

Some of my simple pleasures....

  • My garden
  • flowers-not cut flowers, real live ones, especially in my yard where they are growing and beautiful
  • making lists...honestly i do enjoy making lists, even grocery lists or things I need to get done...I know its dumb!
  • Backyardigans
  • smelly-good candles really do make me happy
  • photography. I love it, all of it!
  • cooking-yeah not really the usual breakfast, lunch, dinner routine, but I do enjoy cooking in general!
  • Good Book
  • writing, it doesn't much matter what, even just a journal or a few lines of thoughts here or there, i just enjoy watching ink and paper turning into thoughts.
  • a nice hot cup of coffee
  • a pretty sunset on fall evenings
  • bottle calves...(i know dumb, but they make me smile!)

Places I DREAM of going...

  • cuba
  • Russia
  • A Deserted island with Casey
  • Back to Germany
  • Austrailia
  • Ireland