Moment of truth...

  • if you saw your problems in a pile with everyone elses you would probably grab yours back.
  • all that really matters is that you loved
  • growing old beats the alternative--dying young
  • your kids get only one childhood.
  • forgive
  • frame every so called disaster with these words "in 5 years will this matter?"
  • no one is in charge of your happiness except you.
  • get rid of anything that isnt beautiful, useful or brings you joy.
  • Dont compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
  • its ok to let your kids see you cry.
  • Make peace with your past so it doesn't screw up the present.
  • Your job won't take care of you when you are sick; but your family will, keep in touch!
  • Just keep taking that next small step.
  • Life isn't fair, but it's still good!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Life on the Farm...

Sometimes I get so frusterated with living so far out in the country, driving back and forth to work, needing to get something from the store, taking the kids to school. With gas prices high it seems almost more reasonable to just move closer to town.
However, I really enjoy living in the country, no neighbors, no trains, no noise. Its relaxing, peaceful and nice, not to mention the great sunrises and sunsets, wildlife in the yard and beautiful landcapes.
Sunday the kids and I got to go check cows with Casey, its calving season, and the cows have to be checked every few hours throughout the day. The kids loved it, as did I, we laughed at the babys, commented on all the different cows, got to watch Casey feed them. It was another reminder why country living has such an appeal. The kids are still talking about checking the cows and taking pictures of them. I really do think that kids that live on the farm get so many great experiences that "city kids" just miss out on.
I definately enjoyed myself just as much as the kids did. I love baby animals and little calves have to be close to my favorite. They are so cute and sweet. Watching them jump and play is just about as sweet as watching my own kiddos in the yard.

On a different note,
The boys wrestled in Mitchell, Neb. two weeks ago, Jaysen got 3rd place and Brock 1st and Wheatland, Wyo. last weekend, Brock got first place after pinning 3 kids. Jaysen also got first for the first time! He was so happy and we were so proud of him. He pinned 2 of the 3 kids he wrestled and won the other match by points. Both kids wrestled great and we couldn't be prouder of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of my simple pleasures....

  • My garden
  • flowers-not cut flowers, real live ones, especially in my yard where they are growing and beautiful
  • making lists...honestly i do enjoy making lists, even grocery lists or things I need to get done...I know its dumb!
  • Backyardigans
  • smelly-good candles really do make me happy
  • photography. I love it, all of it!
  • cooking-yeah not really the usual breakfast, lunch, dinner routine, but I do enjoy cooking in general!
  • Good Book
  • writing, it doesn't much matter what, even just a journal or a few lines of thoughts here or there, i just enjoy watching ink and paper turning into thoughts.
  • a nice hot cup of coffee
  • a pretty sunset on fall evenings
  • bottle calves...(i know dumb, but they make me smile!)

Places I DREAM of going...

  • cuba
  • Russia
  • A Deserted island with Casey
  • Back to Germany
  • Austrailia
  • Ireland